Last year, Hurricane Irma prompted the cancellation of the show days before the opening. It was first cancellation in 47 years, Richard Baker, president of the South Florida Automobile Dealers Association, which organizes the annual show, told Automotive News.
“To many the show’s cancellation was a great sense of loss. But, now that the renovations to the Miami Beach Convention Center are nearly complete, we expect this year’s auto show to be the best ever,” Baker said in a statement.
The press day will be Oct. 5, and the public show will commence at 5 p.m. that day.